50 YEARS OF HELP
This year, Help Enterprises celebrates its 50th year of caring for our disability communities.
Today HELP can be proud of a 900+ strong workforce - offering a trusted brand that balances the delivery of commercial products and services with individualised disability care.
Other News: Story Bridge Turns Red To Mark 50 Years
OUR HISTORICAL JOURNEY:
- 1968 | Help Industries was founded and registered as a not-for-profit Company Limited on 25th July.
- 1972 | The first workshops officially opened.
- 1987 | HELP expands its business offerings and learning opportunities for people with disability as it opens Rand Plastics and Packaging.
- 1991 - 1992 | Operations restructured from helping people in a sheltered workshop environment to include the provision of employment opportunities and industry-based skills training. Employment Services commence, assisting people to secure open employment.
- 1995 - 1996 | Help Industries becomes 'Help Enterprises', and a new Skills Training centre offering pre-vocational training for people with disability and disadvantaged job seekers is launched.
- 2000 | A 3000 square metre nursery opens at HELP's Eagle Farm site to deliver work experience pathways and training opportunities for young people with disability.
- 2001 - 2003 | Establishment of HelpWest Skills Training Centre and a wholesale nursery at Mitchelton, made possible through the purchase of a disused TAFE site. First employment office opens in Nundah, providing tailored services for job seekers.
- 2008 | Nundah Street property becomes the main head office for Help Employment & Training operations.
- 2010 - 2013 | Mitchelton house built to provide independent living for four people with disability. Manufacturing expands with the acquisition of Traditional & Malibu Awnings and Supply Chain Services is established, following upgrades to Eagle Farm.
- 2014 | HELP Acquires MACH1, Kingfisher Adult Learning Program and a new Wynnum disability support hub. Fison Food Factory cafe officially opens to the public.
- 2015 | Employment & Training opens 31 offices through the jobactive contract and commences delivery of DMS at 17 sites. Our Mitchelton disability housing initiative is backed by major funding and partners, with homes for 20 people.
- 2016 | HELP acquires Red Cross Business Services at Bowen Hills and Gympie and Select Lifestyle Disability Services and expands its Supply Chain Services division.
- 2017 | Completion of the Mitchelton housing project offers homes and greater independence for more people with disability. HELP's disability support is rebranded to Help Disability Care and McIntyre Centre is welcomed under their banner.
- 2018 | Celebrating 50 years of helping our disability communities.