HOLIDAY OFFICE CLOSURES & SUPPORT
1st December 2021
We will be closed during the following period
This year, we're closing our doors over the holiday period in line with the Department's (government) official Christmas shutdown period.
What does this mean?
- During the shutdown you won't be able to attend or contact your local HELP office.
- Your appointments will have been rescheduled in accordance with this shutdown, please check your correspondence with your employment coach to ensure you're aware of your appointment dates. You can still call 1800 877 545 and leave a voicemail enquiry which we will attend to on the 4th of January, 2022.
FOR EMPLOYERS & HOST ORGANISATIONS
- Call (07) 3565 1920 for urgent enquiries.
- We have setup a dedicated contact for you over the holiday break. If you're an employer seeking to submit a vacancy please use our online form.
What CAN YOU DO OVER THE BREAK?
We've been busy over the last year sourcing more information to help you on your journey to employment. If you find a spare moment during the holidays (we know how busy it can get), visit the Employment Hub Blog for inspiration to get you excited for a fresh start in 2022.
You can continue to access our HELP Jobs Portal to apply for upcoming vacancies, and your applications will begin being processed when we all return after the holiday break.
Provided you have already commenced training with Help Training Institute (RTO 1653), you can continue with any online portions of your study to expand your skills and qualifications over the holiday period.
If you require urgent assistance OR SUPPORT
If you need additional help or support this holiday season there are a number of services available.
- If you need professional support, please contact your doctor, local health centre or one of the services listed here. Family and friends can also call upon these services for advice and assistance on how to support someone who is struggling.
- If you are having suicidal thoughts, please seek assistance by contacting your trusted healthcare professional or calling Lifeline on 13 11 14.
- Need help now? Call Triple Zero (000) or go to a hospital if you are in immediate danger.
MORE RESOURCES TO SUPPORT YOU over the holiday season
- RUOK? Support Directory
- Lifeline Service Finder: find other free or low-cost health and community services in your area.
- Queensland Health: mental health information and resources.
- Additional helplines, counselling and support groups.